Sunday 22 December 2013

It's been a while, but I'm back, and lamenting. I frequently get inquiries about my lessons, and fees, and then the callers don't call back. I would suppose it may have something to do with my rates, but trust me, they aren't expensive in the local context and what I can do/my qualifications. What most parents don't realise is when they go for the lower rates teachers($50-$$75/hour) is that very often their kids take up to 10 years to pass their grade 8 ABRSM and very often because of bad/wrong technique, these young violinists are too handicapped to progress on to a diploma. These bad technique stay for life and are very difficult to undo.My passion is teaching the violin, and I take it seriously-my students pass grade 8 within 5 years(talk about savings for the long term) and I charge merely somewhat higher than the average teacher. My fees are still lower than my colleagues from the SSO and I have had one student pass grade 8 within 1 year(he was obviously motivated and did practise and follow my instructions and was an older child). I've also had many students who came to me after grade 8 who have so much problems accrued it took me 2 years and different bowings of Kreutzer no. 2 to somewhat undo them so that they may have a chance at a diploma or a professional career. Enough ranting for now, for more on my teaching, please visitwww.efficientviolinist.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment