Thursday 15 August 2013

Real motivation for practice

Now this is a subject that at the heart of most parents-how would I know if my child would enjoy and be motivated to practise the violin? The answer is analogous to that of an aspiring chef. Would you reckon that the wannabe chef would give up after a while if all the dishes he makes taste bland and uninteresting? He would start to lose interest and think maybe this is not the right path for him then move on. The same goes for the violin: if a child plays badly and produces a bad tone(bland taste), do you think he/she would stay motivated? I always encourage the purchase of better instruments, and with my methods, my students never produce a bad sound(correct technique), and as with the analogy of the chef, would be inspired to want to practise more. Too much of a good thing is never enough. If you are looking for a really good violin teacher, or are finding something amiss with your current teacher, give me a call at 90097430, you would see the difference within a lesson.....until the next post

No comments:

Post a Comment